Sunday, May 29, 2011

The cats got off safely on Friday and after supper out with my mom I returned home to a very empty, very quiet apartment. I have thus far resisted the urge to go and visit them....in the end it is probably easiest on them if I don't visit. I'm sure they are happy in their kitty suite and are enjoying the new sights and sounds of life in the country. I'm pretty sure the sound of dogs was very scary when they arrived at the kennel--there are no dogs in the apartment building and the last time they would have heard dogs was when they were at the Humane Society.

And I have lots left to do before I leave...the second coat of primer has gone on and I am hopeful that I will be able to get away with one coat of paint. I still need to take the wallpaper down and am hoping that will go quickly on Tuesday morning when the cleaners are here. When I tell people that they all seem a bit unsure of the 'ease' with which I speak. I figure since it has only been up for a limited amount of time and it is 'new' wallpaper that it should come down easily. We will see.

The boxes are littering all living space at the moment and it is a maze to wander through when moving from room to room. I have yet to finish a room....and I'm feeling the unfinishedness of it all. (I know that isn't a word.) I was hoping to finish the kitchen yesterday but quickly realized that I should put some paint on the walls or that would never get dried in time--and unsure of how many coats it would take I started. So the kitchen didn't get finished. Ah, the fun of it all. At the moment I am watching my usual Sunday morning Coronation Street and just kind of relaxing. My stomach is growling and I will need to feed it soon or suffer the consequences. My goal for this morning is to finish the bathroom--then one room will be done. I am having lunch/brunch with my friends at 11:30am and then need to head to my Grandmothers to clean up the spot in the garage where my belongings will be stored. Then back to the apartment to get it ready for the movers who will arrive on Monday, mid-morning to do the heavy lifting. As long as the stuff for storage is packed by the time I fall into my bed tonight then it will all be good...and actually even if that doesn't get done no biggie as I can move a few boxes on my own--the movers are really there for the big heavy things that I do not want to carry down two flights of stairs and then up one flight. I'm sure if I don't get it all done in time I can manage a few boxes on my own...and if I got off the computer and started packing I'm sure I could get it done faster.

But I won't for a few more minutes. I want a few more minutes of peace and relaxation...and maybe another cup of tea...what I really want is a diet pepsi...but no one delivers. LOL

3 comments:

Jack said...

Jennifer:

Yet again for you, another very busy day. I know you miss the babies, I agree with you not to tempt a visit, it will be easier on everyone to wait until they arrive in Fort McMurray. Sounds like you are going to be fine with finishing the painting and packing. Soon you will be on the road, and I think that will take your mind off a lot of things, a mini driving/relaxing time.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

All goes well with your plans and it all will work out. Keep positive. Grammy's garage will get filled. The truck will be loaded. The old apartment will get cleaned and the lovely young couple will move in and that landlady will be happy.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Must of felt kinda sad when you left your cats in Mermaid, they will survive, they have each other which makes it a lot easier than just having one pet go through the trama of new home and a flight! Sounds like you are extremely busy packing and painting at the apartment. Did the wallpaper come off easily for you? Hope so as it can be a real pain, lots of hot water and steam! No doubt this will be a very busy week getting stored items to your grandmother's and packing up Big Red.

Hope you have some time set aside to do some visiting with your friends and family before you head out. Your agenda must be pretty tight right now.

If we don't get to hear from you again on the blog before you reach your new home - happy trails! Enjoy the drive, visits, scenery, etc. - most of all stay safe!!

Lori B.