Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tis a good day to be green. It is after all March 17th the day when beer magically turns green in the barrel and people celebrate the heritage of the Irish by drinking excessively. What about an St. Indian day so we can eat butter chicken and naan to excess? Now that would be fun. :)

Here's a few pics from March 17 gone by...or close to March 17.

PEI, 2010 during my visit last year. 

 Edmonton, 2009 spent the day wandering around downtown looking for signs of spring.
 2008 seems to be missing. I believe that was when my camera was not working upon my return from India.
Iqaluit, 2007 getting ready to go for a walk.

 Pangnirtung, 2006 growing the tulips that I had brought back from Amsterdam with me.

And here we are in 2011 and there is no picture from today--yet...but I have been watching the monsters chase each other around the room while I try to peacefully cook in the kitchen. It's entertaining. And more good news I have Saturday and Sunday off again this week. YEAH!! I still get my three shifts but they have been moved around which is a total score for me. I didn't want to work extra shifts over the spring break (for schools) but had been warned that I might. Looks like I lucked out. Whoo hoo...the weekend is in my sights.

3 comments:

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer,

Lucky you, another full weekend off, and you deserve it. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you. Did you also luck out & have the interview Monday?

Jack

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Happy St. Patrick's Day. Great to have another weekend for your own entertainment, no doubt some India preparations will take place. Do the cats try to get at the food when you are cooking, or are they just terrorizing the place on their own, and each other! Next week will be busy with regular work and 3 movie nights, but, great to have the spending money for the trip. It's hard to believe how close it's getting for you, must be hard to concentrate on other things now, I'd be making lists in my head continously if I was heading anywhere for a month!

Later ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer:

Happy Belated St. Patrick's Day!

I took St. Patrick's Day as a vacation day and joined 4 of my 5 sisters at the Old Triangle and then Hunter's Ale House. We started at 11:00 a.m. and left at 7:00 p.m. Being a non drinker it was very easy to keep pace. What surprised me most about the entertainers was - they don't place all Irish music!!! They play whatever they would usually play if they were hired to entertain at the club for the night. Yes, they threw a few Irish songs in the mix but were far from being a total Irish performance.

I'm like Jack, did you get the interview?? Dying to hear.

Edith