Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I love my morning tea time. I know I've spoken of this many times before but it is still one of those things that can set my day on the right path. I enjoy is so much that sometimes I'm late leaving the house because I am still sipping my tea. This week it is the one time of the day when I do not need to think about anyone else. It is my time to surf the net, write my blog, do my on-line banking and of course listen to the news on tv.

Work is super busy and of course with today being Tuesday I have only 8 more days of work not including today and I am trying to get as much finished as possible before I am gone for 3 weeks. Luckily my shifts at the theatre are minimal at the moment but I am also interviewing and job searching in the evenings so my free nights are limited. Thursday this week is going to be nutso. Two interviews lined up in the afternoon and a series of appointments in the morning. It will be a day of minimal work.

Actually managed to have supper at my mom and dad's last night which doesn't happen very often. My evening interview was post-poned until Thursday so I had some free time in my schedule. Left over beef stew and home made biscuits. Mmmm. Oh yeah...it was good to chat with them too. And visit with the dog although I do have issue with the amount of dog hair I brought back to Charlottetown.

I have yet to hear back from the two jobs I applied for. I gotta say...rude. If you give a date you should try and respond close to that date with a yeah or neah. Oh well. I have more interviews lined up as I mentioned and am still hopeful of finding something new relatively soon. I will obviously take a break from job searching while away which is unfortunate but necessary. I will try and take a peek once or twice at the job boards--don't want to miss my dream job but I will certainly not be putting HOURS into searching.

I stocked up on kitty litter a couple of months ago when a friend sold me the litter he had bought en masse when he had cats. 8 12kg containers...so they cats have lots of litter when I'm gone. I've been buying extra cat food everytime I go grocery shopping. I think there are 6 bags of cat food sitting in the closet. They use one a week. So again plenty. And moist food--I bought a case of 24. Again they go through maybe two a week with twice daily feeding so when I'm away it will be a treat only every few days...so they should have lots. I even purchased an extra litter box so no one needs to change the litter box every day...it can go a few days now in between visits. I still need to cat proof the house before I go and cover all my furniture with sheets and blankets to prevent some of the cat fur that I know will be covering all my belongings when I return.

Return...I haven't even left yet and I'm already thinking about the return. Such is life...you gotta go in order to return. I would love to have a couple of months to explore India. Maybe some day.

The cats are entertaining me this morning. They plucked a fake flower off some stems I have in the bedroom and are tossing it in the air and chasing it all over the kitchen. Well, I should say Hudson is playing with it. Tundra is hanging out on the kitchen chair watching her sister play.

Had a fabulous supper on Friday and Saturday last week. Thai pot-luck on Friday night and authentic Indian on Saturday. Man I am so lucky. Now that my weekend looks pretty free I may try and invite a few people over for tea on Sunday afternoon. A drop in of sorts. It will make me get the house clean and will be nice to see some friends before I go. This is afterall my last weekend on the Island until May!

Skype. It's a video chat on the computer over the internet. I am now a skyper. I tried up North but found the connection slow and gave it up. The connection in PEI is of course awesome and so the two interviews on Thursday are via skype. Yep, cheaper than a flight but still with a personal touch.

I will be blogging from India of course but in an effort to keep my work like seperate from my volunteer life I am blogging it on another page. http://www.fatgirlsnoring.blogspot.com/  I won't start blogging there until I leave so you can keep reading here until then. See you at cheap night!

2 comments:

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer,

Busy, busy Lady! Only a short while until you leave on your trip. Sounds as if you are definitely getting ready for it. As far as the interviews and no response as of yet: well, then I would not worry about them. Something will come along soon enough. It just takes perseverance, and that you do have. Skype interviews, how cool! Sounds so techie for an old person like me. Good luck and have fun with tea on Sunday.

Jack

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I liked the positive tone to the blog today. Sounds like you are just moving on ahead with life. I know all those interviews you are having can't be on PEI so I know that means you might be leaving us again.

It is really hard to take in that you have 8 more days before you leave for India. How did it get here so fast? It seems like it should still be a long piece away.

The game of playing with the fake flower sounds so typical of a cat. It would be so cute to watch.

We have to remain positive about the job interviews. There could be good reasons why you haven't heard. Maybe a reference check is slow in coming back. Remember the glass is half full and not half empty.

I expect you day job is busy. They always are when you are trying to tie up as much as possible before heading on holdays. Yours includes more stress than other jobs too.

Your babies sound like they will be well cared for while you are away. They will eat well and have clean potties.

I can only imagine the fun you will have with skype. It would make the job interview process so convenient and I think this is the way of the future.

Have a happy week and thanks for the new blog address for when you are in India.

Edith