Sunday, March 6, 2011

I'm tired. Very tired. It isn't just a body thing its an emotional thing. Working two jobs, planning the trip to India and the issues presently going on at my ft job. It's a lot the past few weeks.

For those of you not in the know I am looking for another job. There are a number of things going on where I currently work and while I am trying to keep my employ there it is looking more likely that I should and will need to have other employment very shortly after my return from India. The timing couldn't be worse and it is causing some of the stress in my like and that of course is turning into my mental tiredness.

I am trying to take next weekend off. Yep, totally off from both jobs. Plans for the days off--nothing. Just more hanging at the apartment with the kittens. And likely some packing of objects around the apartment (in preparation of the kittens living alone), a trial run of the suitcase and a check to see what other items of clothing, etc I will need to purchase in the next couple of weeks. 34 days and counting. There will be a very busy week of work at the theatre coming up during spring break and that will be my final push for cash before I travel. My mad money so to speak during the trip.

For the first few days I will be in Paris. Ah, Paris. I haven't really made any plans other than the booking of the hotel. Wandering around taking photos and eating croissants, cheese, bread and drinking wine doesn't require a lot of planning.

India is coming along nicely. The hotel information arrived this past week and I am very impressed. I need to put together an information package for my team this evening  and a number of other things...augh. I also brought home some work from my day job that I haven't looked at yet...simple work--hole punching. But I haven't gotten around to it yet. Farmers Market Saturday am, niece and nephew's b'day party Saturday afternoon, worked Saturday night, Sunday morning cooking lunches for upcoming week and shortly off to work for the rest of the day. Tonight is laundry and some cleaning along with the India information. With the 34 day countdown looming in my head India needs to take a priority on the to do list.

Hope you are having a great weekend.










4 comments:

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer,

Good!..that's exactly what you need, a weekend off from both jobs. I am sure the stress of searching for another job is a lot, and mentally tiring. I have no doubt you will find something you like, and soon. Seems you are really looking forward to Paris & India. You deserve a break, even if it is a 'working' vacation, a change of scenery is good for us all now & then. Try & get some rest today, and I hope you have a good week ahead, albeit a busy one.

Jack

Anonymous said...

Exceptional site, where did you come up with the knowledge in this piece of content?
I'm pleased I found it though, ill be checking back soon to see what other articles you have.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Take care of Jennifer. That is your first and foremost priority at this time. If you have already moved on from the day job in your head then let those worries go about that job. Yes, do what you have to do when you are there but stop fretting and worrying about things that you might not be around to handle. Keep positive thoughts running in you head. Don't think the worst. You are going to India for a build. You know how much worse off some people in the world are then you. You have always found another job. You will again. And one of these days it will be the dream job you always wanted!

Love your cats and they will love you. That will give you strength to carry on. Savour the pre India moments - let them build your excitement - don't let them over burden you.

You've done this before and you can do it again. Only difference this time is you are taking a lead role instead of a follower role.

Look at the mess this world is in with natural diseasters and uprisings. Our lives are pretty tame compared to what others are facing.

Believe in yourself Jennifer because we believe in you!

Edith

Anonymous said...

Jennifer - I wish I was close by to give you a big hug!! Remember you are not alone, lots of us thinking of you and all that you have done in life, the places you have been and the lives you have touched. India is another one that will be a better place for you being there and helping people who really will appreciate your hard work. Your team members will have a great leader and once you get off this Island, hopefully you will leave your work worries behind you. A job is only a job, not everyone appreciates hard workers. (I sound like Dear Abby!) Hopefully the job issues will be resolved shortly, whether you stay or go, I know it won't be an easy decision and may not even be your decision, but if current job doesn't continue we are sure you will find something else, and hopefully it will be here, and be a job you can be happy with. And Edith is right, take care of you first and foremost!!

Hugs and positive thoughts are with you. Keep you chin up and your cats close by for cuddles.

Lori B.