Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday again. The week/days are going so fast. I didn't get my laundry done on the weekend--yikes! I simply ran out of time on Sunday due to company. I had friends over for a tea party and it was delightful. Great to see my pals.

It's a busy week leading up to the start of my trip. I have supper at the folks tonight, I work Tuesday night, supper with co-workers on Wednesday, supper with Grammie on Thursday night and hopefully nothing on Friday cause I'm going to need to get my laundry done. LOL. Plus work during the day and of course some last  minute habitat things that I need to do before the trip. Oh the fun! Good thing I already have most of my travel clothes and things set aside. The only day that will be S-L-O-W is going to be Saturday. My flight isn't until 5:30pm so the day is likely going to move in slow motion.

The amount of prep I have put into Paris is so tiny as to not be significant. I even need to double check that I know where the hotel is and what subway stop to get off. All I want to do in Paris is wander around, take pictures and simply relax. No itinerary required. I can't wait. I'm so excited.

No news on the job front yet. Still working on all that. Yes, it would be great to stay on PEI but that is looking less and less likely. I think I came to accept that on the weekend. It's ok. I will try again in a few years. In the meantime wherever I end up there are sure to be more adventures and exciting things to see and do.

A nurse that I knew in Nunavut passed away on the weekend. She left behind many, many friends. It was sudden, but yet when I look back over the last year I don't think it was. In the last 12 months she and her husband took a grand vacation on the Queen Mary (I think) the royal, regal ship that goes from NYC to Europe. She visited her 'hometown' and made lots of other visits to old friends and old stomping grounds. She seemed to start doing more of things that she just wanted to do...a feisty lady to the end.

And now..I'm almost late for work--again. I never seem to have enough time in the morning. Ah.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Nothing like keeping yourself busy for your last few days. Take time to review that list one more time and be sure you have all your papers in order and your suitcases packed with what you need.

Nothing like dreaming about Paris to get you through the last few days for sure.

Edith

Jack said...

Jennifer,

Hopefully this week will fly by and you will be to a running start on your trip! Edith is right, take time to review all your papers in order & suitcases packed accordingly. Wishing you a wonderful & safe trip.

Jack

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Jack and Edith are so good to reply right away, and then there's me!!

This sounds like it will be an extremely busy week for you. Ensure all your ducks are in a row! I can only imagine how much you are looking forward to some down time in Paris, maybe not down, but just Jennifer time! You certainly deserve it, it's been a rough spring for you, busy with the build preps and also the job seeking, that must weigh on your mind; however, we are sure that something will turn up for you, just hope it isn't too far from PEI. I'm sure your family hopes that it isn't as far away as previous jobs took you.

Looking forward to the new blog, will Paris be on that one or here, if you even get a chance to drop a line?

We will be thinking of you and wish you well - enjoy your time in Paris and also India, I'm sure the build will be a blast!

Go Team Leader !!

Hugs to you ... Lori B.