Friday, March 18, 2011

Yes, I had the interview. I called first thing Monday and the afternoon time slot they offered fit my schedule at work. I did my best and then attempted the 1 hour written challenge. I managed to send it off with 4 minutes to spare. They said I would hear by Friday but I am doubtful it will be that soon.

It's Friday morning...you know how you can sleep but not sleep? Your eyes are closed but the deep rest that comes from a good nights sleep isn't there. Yeah, that's been my week. Oh well. It's Friday! And I asked someone to cover my shift tonight and I wasn't scheduled for Sat/Sun so I have a real full weekend off. Giving up the shift so close to the trip wasn't in my plans but sometimes one just needs to make the call.

We are entering the final pre-trip stage for India. I am setting up a conference call for next week to discuss the trip with the GV folks who will be my Canadian life line during the trip. Yes, excitement levels are hitting new highs as we get much closer to the departure date. I may do some play packing this weekend to see where I am at with my belongings.

I was at VV last night looking for another pair of pants to build in ie. scrubs and found a terrific sun dress but then remembered that I think I already have a skirt I'm taking with me and really, don't I need another top instead? So I think spreading everything out on the bed together is the best plan of attack.

Filled my truck up last night with gas...it had been running on fumes for over 2 days and swallowed just over $77 worth of gas. Ouch. The mileage cheque I get at work will not cover that anymore. The sad thing is apparently the price was set a few years ago when prices were at the same level...so getting it increased is not going to happen unless gas goes up significantly more than it already has. Guess I better look into getting a new bike when I return from India.






4 comments:

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer,

Glad to hear you had the interview. I hope you hear from them very soon, and that you get the job. Please keep us posted. I know what you mean about sleep, this week for some reason has not been restful @ nights. I think it's the time change. I can tell you are getting excited about your trip, and so you should be. :) Have a great, restful weekend for just Jennifer.

Jack

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Positive thoughts going your way today regarding the job interview. It would be just the best news you could hear right now and might just be what you need to get that good night's rest.

Gas is going to affect a lot things and people. Not in in a positive manner either. It will put lots of stress on the low income to heat their homes in the winter as well.

What a great idea to lay everything on the bed that you want to pack so you will have a visual of what you are taking and what will fit the suit cases. You were strong to resist the dress knowing you should concentrate on what you will actually need and use while you are there.

Good luck with the conference call. Things are bound to just fall into place with the India group.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

We are all glad it's Friday, seems to be a really long week, which I assume is due to time change; amazing how 1 hour can make such a difference!

Interview sounds positive - hope it all works in your favor and you hear from them soon. What a great thing that would be to hear about something new and exciting as you get ready for India, it would be great to have new employment to come home to.

Hope the cats don't get interested in jumping in your suitcases when you set stuff out! If I had of been with you at W, I would of suggested getting the sundress and a top to go with skirt, we can never have too many clothes! You can probably pick up some nice cotton tops in India?

Enjoy your weekend with your babies. Any attacks on the fish lately?

Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, If you don't get a new bike when you are back, I can loan you a good used one to get you going

PEI Cycler