Monday, March 14, 2011

Waking up this morning to a very dark sky and even now at just past 7am the sky is still that very dark inky blue of pre-dawn...its fantastic! I normally enjoy waking up to the sunshining in my house and sipping my tea while I watch the morning form outside my window but the past few weeks my furry friends have felt it appropriate to wake up around 5:30am before dawn had broken and frankly I was tired of it. They go from sleep to crazy time in seconds and the thumping up and down the hall, jumping off and on the bed and general destruction in an effort to get me up and to feed them was starting to get annoying. This morning, obviously not aware of the time change yesterday they slept in. In fact I was the first one to get out of bed this morning. I must enjoy it while I can because it won't last for long.

The kittens were such big helps yesterday when I was doing some cleaning up around the house. Helping with the sweeping and giving me odd looks when I put all their toys into a box. They much prefer to have the toys spreadout over the entire apartment--cause you never know when you are going to be hit with the need to play ball. I bought them a new scratching post this weekend and so far it is still sitting and has not been scratched. They are always weary of new things like that so I'll give them a few more days before I figure out how to get them to use it. I'm sure some cat nip will be involved.

They are growing up into lovely cats. Still with the kitten zest for life and all things that move but I know that in the next 6 months or so they will lose much of that zip and will settle into fat, lazy cats--which is exactly what I am going for. In fact Tundra is almost there. She certainly has the fat part down. You know how kittens have that big belly on them--Tundra never got rid of hers and now she weighs a ton. It is very obvious who is walking across me at night just by the weight.

My weekend of no work was delightful and I am looking forward to my next break in 26 days. Next week will be crazy busy with theatre work. Spring break for schools across the Island means the theatre is open for what they call double matinees. Meaning they open at noonish and there will be four show times per movie, per day. Which means they expect to be busy. I won't be working any days but I will likely have a couple more evening shifts as the other staff will end up working more day shifts. Need the money...need the work...want to pick up a few treats for myself during my upcoming travels.

I may or may not have an interview today. When I got off work Friday night there was a message waiting for me 'please call back before 5pm today to arrange an interview for Monday' yeah...that didn't work. I left a message on the weekend saying I'm interested and will call first thing Monday to see if we can arrange this but you know it is going to be difficult. And the odd thing is is that today, Monday, would be the best day for me even without the advance notice. We are doing some sessions at work the next couple of days and one of the HR folks from the US is in town for it...so I can't just excuse myself for an hour. Fingers crossed. This would be a fantastic opportunity.

3 comments:

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer,

Glad to hear you had a good weekend and got some much needed down time. I am glad you are having a great time with the 2 fur girls. Hope they haven't caught any fish in the fish tank yet. My fingers are crossed for you to get the interview & the job. Keep us posted.

Jack

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

A job contact - wow and wonderful. I hope they are available to talke today and that the talk goes really well.

The cat time change worked in my house as well. I was already awake at 5:30 this morning before the meows started for I want to eat. That would have been 4:30 previously.

Your girls sound so adorable.

Hope your days with the H.R. staff go well. I'm sure you are so organized that nothing could crop up as a problem.

I expect next week at the movie theatre will be a zoo. I hope you don't have to work at the peak of the storm.

So nice to hear a positive tone to your blog. I know these past few weeks have been difficult but you sound like you are dealing with it.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

I haven't been on for a few days, great to see a couple of new post to read. Sounds like things are looking up. Hope you had the telephone interview and that it went well and was successful, can't wait to hear about it! Cats seem to be up and down at your home, hopefully they will "mature" at some point, but then you will be wishing for the kitten stage again! (I do that with my kids, they are adults now, but at times I'd like to go back to having my toddlers again!

Take Care ... Lori B.