Friday, April 1, 2011

April 1. April Fool's Day. No April Fool's jokes here...I'm not feeling clever enough to come up with any. I guess I could post that I'm moving to Alaska....but I tried that one on my mom Monday and it didn't work.  But wouldn't Alaska be neat?



Still no word back from the two interviews I had last month and well, I guess the outcome is pretty obvious at this moment. That's ok. Something will come along..right time, right place. It's just unfortunate that the timing is what it is. At the moment I would say I will have until end of May to find something before I am out of work. That is cutting it very tight with returning from over-seas.


I have two interviews yesterday. One for a job in Whitehorse which I will not be moving forward with. It had possibility but when she dropped the fact that there would be no relocation I'm afraid that is where I say no. The other position still has potential but is in Ft. McMurray. That isn't a no for me...it just means that I will need to leave the Island again.

I had hoped for another interview before I leave for India but I haven't heard back on it yet and there are only 5 working days left before I go...so it isn't looking good. Fingers crossed that I get a call and need to take a day off next week to interview for it.

Anyway...I leave next Saturday evening for Paris...and then on the following Thursday for India and am looking forward to both parts. I am very excited about the entire trip and still have so much to do with exchanging money and printing off information on my team to take with me...it will all get done. I only have two more shifts at the theatre before I go so that is also a good thing. Tonight is one and Tuesday night is the last one. I will be returning to them when I am back from India. I will have more free time when I return from India. My evenings have been filled with emails and interviews and research for the trip and it will lovely to have some of that time back.

Happy Friday.

3 comments:

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer,

Happy April Fools Day to you! You are exactly right, the right job at the right time will definitely come along. You have many talents, so whoever chooses you to work for them is an intuitive person/company. I'll bet you are getting anxious and ready to leave. Paris will be lots of fun, no doubt. Have a great weekend!

Jack

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Again, I haven't been on my computer at home and didn't reply to previous message. I've been gathering "treasures" for an indoor year sale tomorrow. Thought I'd take the time here now at work to write back or you'd think I was ignoring you!!

OMG - hard to believe you leave next weekend!! Time sure flew by since you first mentioned the trip. You will thoroughly enjoy Paris, time for Jennifer to relax prior to the build. Any days for you on the way home? Hopefully you get to have some time for yourself before you go back to work.

Fingers crossed for job interview next week. As you say, the right one will come along at some point, I just wish for your peace of mind that you could know prior to leaving so you'd have one less worry while away.

Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I can appreciate your feeling of sadness that there has not been word on those interviews from last month. I know you are thinking - no news is not good news. Perhaps you will be wrong. Whitehorse is a long way away to pack you bags and head out to with no re-location expenses paid. Good decision to not go there. Fr. McMurray takes you West again - sigh - it seems like you just left there. Somewhere closer to PEI must exist for you. Where are all the good jobs? There has to be one there for you.

Hug the kittys lots before you go. You'll need pictures to look at when you are in India to remind you of what mischief they are getting into while you are away.

I know when you booked India you thought you would still be working at your current job. That is not something you could have foreseen. Therefore, this was something that was meant to happen and is out of your control but there is a good reason why it is happening to you now - you just don't know what that reason is yet.

Your post today is making it sound like you won't be at your current job after May. Is there something we don't know about? Have they given you official word you won't be there or does this mean you did not apply for the current job and the new incumbent is to be in place by then?

Savour your last weekend in your home. Try to relax. Take care of yourself.

Edith